What is DOIA?
The Downtown Ontario Improvement Association is a public benefit corporation whose primary function is to administer the Downtown Ontario Community Benefit Improvement District (CBD). Our goal is to keep Downtown Ontario clean, safe, and family-friendly, while also maximizing community benefit for business owners, property owners, and residents of the area. We plan to beautify the area, improve its functionality, and create a positive space in the city.
In 2018, the City of Ontario partnered with New City America, an organization committed to revitalizing city districts across the United States. Their mission is “to create efficient and self-sustaining cities, neighborhoods and public spaces for the generations of today, tomorrow and the future.”
In doing this, it is the goal of the DOIA to breathe new life into the downtown area, providing not only services and events to the public, but benefitting the locally owned businesses and property owners, as well. We hope to make downtown a destination point, and the epicenter of community events and community identity.
The CBD is funded entirely by the property and business owners of Downtown Ontario – they are making an investment into the city to improve and stimulate the local economy, while providing invaluable public benefit services to the people of Ontario.
Board of Directors
Rick Byrd – President
Alex Barorian – Vice President
Peggi Hazlett – Secretary
Maria Razo – Treasurer
Ismael Arias – Executive Director
Jennifer McLain Hiramoto – Board member
David Puscizna – Board member
Ed Tessier – Board member
Jack Gingold – Board member
Rolanda Saldana – Board member
Octavio Vazquez – Board member
Richard Galvez – Board member
Richard Centeno – Board member
Jerry Rosenblum – Board Member
Jerry Rowley – Board Member
Andy Tai – Board Member
What Will the DOIA Do?
The DOIA has a number of improvements planned for the downtown area, including but not limited to:
- Regular sidewalk and gutter cleaning and sweeping
- Beautification of the district – including planting trees and hanging flowers
- Enhanced trash emptying, over and beyond current city services
- Timely graffiti removal
- Tree and vegetation maintenance
- Maintenance of new and existing public spaces
- Social media promotion and branding for local businesses and events
- Security and case workers services to ensure a safe and family-friendly atmosphere
In providing these new services and growth, it is our goal to preserve our history, while also making room for advancement and shared experiences. We want to highlight the amazing businesses and people that make Ontario special, and ensure that Downtown Ontario can continue to be a hub of social unity.
DOIA Meetings and Agendas
Downtown Ontario Improvement Association Committee and Board of Directors’ meetings are held at the DOIA office located at 425 N. Euclid Avenue Ontario, CA 91762.
- Civil Sidewalks Committee Meetings
- Held the second Thursday of January, March, May, July, September, and October at 9:00am.
- District Identity Committee Meetings
- Held every second Thursday of the month at 10:00am
- Downtown Ontario Improvement Association Board of Directors Meetings
- Held every fourth Thursday of the month at 9:00am
Civil Sidewalks Agendas
District Identity Agendas
Board Meeting Agendas